If you have had one of our treatments, or you are thinking about it, Please take a moment to read the aftercare advice, it is important that you become fully aware and understand what should be done by yourself both before and after a treatment in the interest of your personal health, safety, well-being and to ensure you get the best results. Ensuring you read this, will also maximize and prolong the benefits of your treatment. If you have any questions, comments or worries, please contact us straight away.
- Make sure you do not touch the threaded area for the first 12 to 24 hours as it may cause breakouts, rashes or irritation. Also make sure that the facial area which underwent threading is not exfoliated.
- After threading your face, do not apply any perfumed cosmetic products to the area like cleansers or moisturizers which contain acid at least for a period of 12 hours. This is so because even though these acidic products aid in removing the outer layer of skin. They might cause an adverse reaction if used after hair removal, especially if you have sensitive skin.
- If you are feeling any sort of discomfort or irritation after threading your face, then a cold compress can be used on the threaded area to soothe the irritated skin.
- Avoid any sort of steam treatment or heat source immediate after threading face.
- Use a soothing lotion on the threaded area to provide relief and soothe the irritated skin. It is best to opt for lotions which contain chamomile or aloe vera for the best effect.
- Avoid stepping into direct sunlight for a period of at least 48 hours after threading face without proper UV protection. Refrain from using tanning beds or sunbathing without proper UV protection.
- Wait for a time period of at least two hours after threading face for taking a hot bath or shower. The threaded area can be gently washed with the help of anti-bacterial soap.
- If the threaded area turns red, then apply some rose water or mild cream on it to return the skin to its normal colour.
- If the redness or irritation does not subside even after using a cooling lotion, opt for an ice cube massage. This will relieve the pain and soothe any irritation present after threading your face.
- If you have sensitive skin, then use a moisturizer that is specifically made for sensitive skin. This will reduce your pain to a large extent.11. To maintain the great shape you have, visit your therapist again in 2 weeks to have an eyebrow ‘tidy-up’
Last but not least, throw away those tweezers! You will be so happy with the shape created by threading, you will stick to this method of shaping forever